Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Two minute Tuesday, Volume 1, Issue 3

In keeping with the current theme, I've decided to convert One Minute Mondays to Two Minute Tuesdays. I just can't write that little about any one topic.

As you readers know, I've been noticeably absent from the blog the last few weeks except for a couple simple posts with little relevance to the importance of competition barbecue. So continues the trend, although I'll tell you all that based on some recent events in competition barbecue, I'm working up a real post and some of you may not care for it. Be prepared.

The drive back from Mesquite, Nevada was long. Two full days in fact. I had one day to clean-up, wash-up and fill-up everything needed for the next contest. After that one day, I jetted off to far away places on a little adventure completely unrelated to barbecue. After a long two days and a delay in getting home, plus some needed time to reflect on recent events in barbecue, it was obvious to me that I needed a weekend off to recenter my focus for the rest of the season. So that I did.

Stay tuned. I'm not just threatening a full blown post, I'm promising it. I'm sure it won't disappoint.

1 comment:

Scottie said...

Well, at least you are coming up with topics to write about. I can't even do that!!! ;-)

I hear ya about taking time off. I'm totally re-thinking my plans for next year!!!