Friday, January 25, 2008

Pellet Envy posts highest score of the year


Pellet Envy was recognized by the Kansas City Barbeque Society for receiving the highest overall score at a contest in 2007. Our score of 689.1432 from the Roots 'n Blues 'n BBQ contest in Columbia, Missouri on September 7th, just edged out Bubba & Jeff's BBQ's winning score of 689.1428 at the American Royal Open. The award was a complete surprise to us and a very cool way to cap an exciting year in barbeque. By the way, that's my good friend Mike Hill standing next to me on the left. Mike is, without a doubt, the most positive guy you'll ever meet. Plus, Mike has helped me at two events and we've won both. After this one, he tells me "he's just lucky that way." Why the heck didn't he telll me that about the time we got started in competition barbecue?

No comments: