Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm back . . . . . sort of

We're going to call this a Two Minute Tuesday. I cannot believe the number of people who have recently commented about my lack of blog posts. I have no excuse. Nor do I have an explanation. I just haven't had it in me lately and/or I just don't feel like I have anything worthwhile to say.

Most of you know I appeared on the new Dr. Oz show about a month ago. Since then, I've been working on making some changes in my lifestyle and diet. Most of the time I do really well. The rough days come when we travel or have a busy few days, like the American Royal weekend before last. This has become my latest obsession. I've known for some time that I need to make some wholesale changes. The pressure of national television has been the ultimate motivation.

I promised you a controversial blog post some time back. I wrote it, honestly I did. Then I read it. I didn't like it. Now the moment has passed and I don't necessarily think the topic is relevant any more. I'll look at it again soon.

Hang in there folks. We get back to competing this weekend and I'm sure that will get the juices flowing again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Writing every day is hard work. To some it seems like we have silly jobs - and perhaps they are comparatively speaking - but day-in and day-out sitting down to pen the latest opus about a grilled pork chop or smoked brisket is, well, a chore.

And I truly appreciate your candor about lifestyle changes. We men over 50 or so have that issue (I have no idea your age.) My doc has asked me to make changes as well as my friends and family.

So - in the spirit of this bbq community and all that sharing good food does for us - I'm here to support you and give you encouragement and tell you I appreciate what you do and how much you care.

Thanks. CB