Friday, April 10, 2009

Late April fools joke?

I thought I'd seen it all, but this just proves I haven't. If it's true, the Lotta Bull BBQ flagship pit, built by Jamie Geer for Johnny Trigg many years back, is up for sale on eBay. I don't really know what to think of it and a few things just don't jive, so I'm left virtually speechless about this development. Publicity stunt? Cash flow issue? The owner stood in the wind a little too long last weekend? We may never know. Here's one thing I do know, based on the original purchase price of that pit, I should pull my retirement investments and go long in Jambo's. One thing is for sure, the new owner of this pit will definitely own a piece of competition barbecue history.

Good luck to everyone bidding on this pit or competing this weekend. Looks like Mother Nature intends to challenge us again.

3 comments:

I QUE said...

That pit is in amazing condition for 14 years old... For 20k though I'd probably have Jamie build me a brand new one

Unknown said...

wow. I did see him cooking on an ole hickory in Texas. Could he have made the switch?

or maybe he figured out how to run one of these:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/ulikabbq/n584201831_1142056_4730.jpg

Anonymous said...

I see Yoders BBQ Pits listed as a sponsor on his website...might have to squeeze him in for an interview soon!